In this post I have made a list of best and most popular WordPress blog comment systems which you can enable for various reasons like stopping spam comments, increasing the number of discussions, to provide a user-friendly interface for commenting to your users or to let users directly comment on your blog from their WordPress account, Google+, Facebook or Twitter account.
1) Jetpack comments: I highly recommend Jetpack comments. Currently, we are using Jetpack comments in all of our blogs. The best part what I have seen about Jetpack is that it literally stops the spam comments. From the day I have installed Jetpack comments, I have never seen a single spam comment.
You would need a WordPress.com account for using Jetpack. Users can post comments by using their Name/URL, WordPress account, Twitter account, Google+ account, or by their Facebook account. You can read one of my posts where I have mentioned the advantages of Jetpack WordPress plugin.
2) Disqus: My second best choice for blog comment system would definitely be Disqus. If you want more comments on your blog, then Disqus should be your number one choice. The reason is that most of the bloggers use Disqus in their blogs and people have a habit of that. You can create an account in Disqus and it works more or less like a social network. They also provide you a profile in their site where you can track your comments, followers, following and upvotes. For Example, here’s the Disqus profile for this blog.
Readers of your blog can easily post comments by using their Disqus account. They also have the option to post comments using Facebook account, Google+ account, Twitter account or by using their Name/URL.
Another advantage of using Disqus is that, you will get more referral visitors to your blog arriving from the Disqus profile page. If you have already installed Disqus in your blog then, you can track the referral traffic from Disqus in Google Analytics, by following these steps:
i) Login to your Google Analytics account.
ii) Go to: Acquisition –> Social –> Overview
iii) On the right side, under social network you can see the referrals arriving from Disqus.
Disqus has many advantages, but I am still skeptical on using a third-party comment system on my blogs. The reason is that I have seen many people have reported ads popping up in the Disqus comment system. However, to remove ads you can try Scott’s method.
3) IntenseDebate comment system: IntenseDebate Comments is yet another Automattic product. (people who created WordPress and the Jetpack comments system). IntenseDebate Comments promises similar community features like Disqus. The best part of IntenseDebate comments is that even if it is a third-party comment system, you can still disable it anytime. All the comments are stored separately as WordPress comments, and when you disable it, comments will still be displayed as WordPress comments.
Here are the features of IntenseDebate comment system:
i) Profile page: A profile page will be created for IntenseDebate where users can track you.
ii) Posting comments: Users can post HTML comments by their IntenseDebate account, Facebook account and Twitter account.
iii) Comment moderation: In IntenseDebate you have the option to blacklist a commenter.
iv) Widgets support: IntenseDebates provides plethora of widgets like comment statistics, etc. which you can put in the sidebar of your blog.
v) Reputation and voting system: IntenseDebate comment system supports commenter reputation and voting system. People can vote on comments and by using these votes, reputation is determined for a commenter.
vi) RSS integration: IntenseDebate comments are integrated with Bloglines and Google Reader.
vii) Gravatar integration: IntenseDebate comments is fully integrated with Gravatar.
4) Livefyre comments system: Livefyre is another popular blog comments system. There are some unique features in Livefyre like Facebook and Twitter integration, embedding media in comments, comments editing option, displaying live commenters, and letting users post comments by their LinkedIn account, or with OpenID.
Here are the features of Livefyre comments system:
i) Profile page: A profile page will be created for Livefyre where users can track you.
ii) Facebook and Twitter integration: Livefyre comments are fully integrated with Facebook and Twitter and you can expect more comments in your blogs. You can directly tag your Facebook and Twitter friends and followers by using @ symbol.
iii) Posting comments: Users can post comments by their Livefyre account, Facebook account, Twitter account, LinkedIn account, or with OpenID.
iv) Share and like comments: Your users have the option to share comments in the social networks. They can also like a comment.
v) Text editor for comments: For posting comments, users will have a text editor. They have the option to bold, italicize, underline texts, add links and bullets in the comments. They can also embed content from other sites like YouTube videos, pictures from Instagram and Flickr, etc.
vi) Comment subscribers: You can display the number of comment subscribers for a particular comment. This encourages users to post more comments.
vii) Edit comments: One of the most unique features of Livefyre is comment editing. Users can edit their comments in Livefyre.
5) Vicomi comments system: If you want to display emoticons in your comments then you should try Vicomi. Vicomi is a responsive and adaptive comments system where users get points for posting comments and for other actions.
Here are the features of Vicomi comments system:
i) Profile page: A profile page will be created for Vicomi where users can track you.
ii) Responsive comments system: Vicomi comments system is fully responsive and adaptive to all the devices like cell phones, tablets, etc.
iii) User points: Points are awarded for each user action in Vicomi. This feature encourages users to post more comments.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Top 10 Fashion, Lifestyle, Feminine, Beauty WordPress Themes - February 21, 2017
- Top 5 Biker Club, Motorcycle, Bike Shop WordPress Themes - February 20, 2017
- Remove date and time stamp from image for free using GIMP - February 19, 2017