In this post, I will describe one of the best WordPress plugins for adding responsive, retina ready favicon and touch icon in your WordPress blog. This WordPress plugin automatically creates different sizes of favicons for different types of devices. Also, you can change the favicon image for a device from the plugin settings page. When you change the favicon for a device it is instantly updated and you don’t have to clear your browser’s cache to view the favicon. You can easily create favicons for all the modern web browsers, touch icon and favicons for android devices, touch icon and favicons for Apple devices, Google TV and Windows 8 Start screen icon.
To create different types of favicons, all you need to do is to upload a favicon image in your blog and the plugin creates thumbnails of different sizes which will support all the major devices. You can create a favicon image file favicon.ico from a free favicon generator, like this one.
This WordPress plugin automatically creates the following types of favicons:
1) Three different sizes of favicons for popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet explorer (IE) and Opera.
2) Favicons for android devices.
3) Regular favicons and touch icons for different versions of iPhone.
4) Regular favicons and touch icons for different versions of iPad.
5) Retina ready favicons and touch icons for different versions of iPhone.
6) Retina ready favicons and touch icons for different versions of iPad.
7) Icon for Windows 8 Start screen: You also have the option to change the tile background color.
8) Favicon for Google TV.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Boxed Layout WP eCommerce WordPress Theme With jQuery Gallery - February 16, 2018
- Responsive Full Screen Background Slider WordPress Theme - February 10, 2018
- Responsive Portfolio WordPress Theme With Fluid Width Layout - February 3, 2018