If you are running a travel blog or a local blog or any other type of blog where you need to add Google maps then here’s a great WordPress plugin to do just that. There are many plugins where you have to use the API. But with this WordPress plugin you don’t have to.
Here are the features of this plugin:
1) Add Google maps anywhere: Google maps can be added anywhere in your WordPress blog from posts, pages and even to sidebars by using shortcodes.
2) Get directions in maps: You can also get directions in the maps to where you have pinned down.
3) Add any number of Google maps: You can add many maps in one post with this plugin.
4) Select icons in maps: You can select your own icons in the maps.
5) Description in maps: Also, there is an option to add description in the maps. You can also use HTML in map descriptions.
6) Cache functionality: There are a lot of plugins that slows down the Google maps. However this plugin uses caching and thus the loading of even multiple maps within a page will be very fast.
7) Cross browser compatible: This plugin works for all the major browsers.