For many blogs say restaurants related ones, it is required that your users can search for a place in a map. This WordPress plugin can be used to integrate the maps in your WordPress blog and let the user search for a location with the use of a text field and then the location will be popped in a Google map. You can geocode any place in the map. The places can be displayed in the posts automatically. Places can be displayed as a searchable one or in a list format. The functionality is based on Ajax that means no page loading is required.
A place can also be searched on a map by providing the Zip code. You don’t need any API mechanism to run the maps, just install the plugin and that’s it. You can even calculate the distances between two points. The maps can be seen in a street view format.
Here are the features of this plugin:
1) Add Places: From the plugin settings page you can add places in the Google maps. You have option to add full address, with zip code and country information. After you have added the address you can geocode and preview this address on the Google map.
2) List of places: You can access the list of places added by you on the plugin settings page.
3) Map settings: For the Google map, you can select Map zoom level, Street view width and Street view height. You have the option to enable or disable the street view and load places on the map by default. You can also set up Map width, Map height, select type of map, distance, latitude, longitude, number of places to display on map
4) Shortcodes support: Maps can be added anywhere in your blog by using shortcodes.
5) Cell phones and tablets version: There is a cell phone version of the plugin available which will work for mobiles and a tablets. You can download the cell phones version of the plugin from here.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Tableless Design Magazine WordPress Theme With jQuery Forms - February 21, 2018
- Boxed Layout WP eCommerce WordPress Theme With jQuery Gallery - February 16, 2018
- Responsive Full Screen Background Slider WordPress Theme - February 10, 2018