Having an ecommerce website is one thing. Having an ecommerce website that is hitting the intended KPIs is something else entirely. At Woven, we’ve built hundreds of ecommerce websites in our time and we know how to maximize results. We’ve put together 3 of our biggest tips to help you maximize the ROI of your ecommerce website.
1) Have an up-to-date Digital Strategy
Identifying, planning and deploying digital opportunities to improve your company’s competitive edge – this is exactly what an effective Digital Strategy is capable of achieving. It’s important to ensure that your Strategy is up-to-date and adjusted as the opportunities within your relevant industry change. There is no one size fits all approach to developing a Digital Strategy, however, the organisation’s long-term goals should be a key driving force. Some vital objectives within your Strategy may include:
- Increasing market share or your overall customer base
- Improving workflow and relationships/communication methods with suppliers
- Developing marketing strategies utilizing email and social media
- Enhancing key digital assets
This is just a selection of areas that are crucial to ongoing success and business growth in the digital space. Take it from us: the scattergun approach doesn’t work in the long-term.
2) Get an SSL certificate installed to boost SEO
If you have an ecommerce website, that means you’re selling services or products. Besides the added boost for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes, you need a SSL (known as Secure Sockets Layer) certificate so that at the bare minimum, you’re securing data transfers whenever a website visitor enters their credit card details or any other sensitive data. Think log-ins, financial information or any other personal details – your duty of care involves you protecting your customers and their details as best you can.
How do you know if a website has an SSL certificate installed? Simply look at their URL. If you see ‘https’ instead of ‘http,’ you know you’re on a secure website that has an SSL certificate installed. For a small cost, an SSL certificate will:
- Encrypt sensitive information
- Provide authentication
- Boost your customer’s trust and provide them with peace of mind
- Ensure you’re adhering to current compliance laws
Another huge benefit is that Google rewards sites using ‘https’ encryption with a boost in search results. These search engine ranking benefits assist with SEO.
3) Use real-time analytics to constantly improve your site
Real-time analytics give marketers access to all available customer and enterprise data, processes and technologies. We have more in-depth insights than ever at our fingertips and there’s no doubt these insights have revolutionised the digital marketing space. Marketers no longer need to rely on their gut feelings to make important decisions – technology is helping us to create a smarter and more effective digital strategy than ever before.
Measuring your marketing efforts quantitatively is integral so learn how to interpret the data and use it to predict what could work so that we can then make changes to your digital marketing strategy as needed. Pay particular attention to:
- General bounce rates: which pages are your customers spending the least time browsing through. Why?
- More detailed bounce rates: drill down to find the pages people are staying longest on. What makes these pages different?
- Conversion rates: which pages on your site are making the most money and how can you adjust other pages so that they generate the same results?
At Woven, we’re about everything plus ecommerce because at the end of the day, an ecommerce solution alone is unlikely to generate the results you’re after. You need a complete Digital Marketing Strategy and solution to produce the kind of results we’re producing for our clients.
Latest posts by Chris Stolke (see all)
- 3 Ways To Maximize The ROI Of Your Ecommerce Website - August 1, 2017