There are many ways by which you can increase your newsletter subscribers. The first step is to make sure you are looking for genuine subscribers, which means the subscribers have specifically requested to receive your mailings. You should also have double opt-in procedure in place i.e. an email confirmation message should be sent whenever a subscriber requests to receive the newsletters from you. After they verify it (after clicking on the confirmation email or replying to it), they should be added to your list.
1)By adding a sign up form to your website: This is the most basic step and a MUST if you want to build your email list. Make sure that the sign up form collects email by a double opt-in procedure.
2) Sign up button in homepage and sidebar You need to make sure that the sign up button is clearly visible in your homepage. This will exponentially increase the number of new sign ups. If you have a blog the ideal place to put a sign up button is in your blog’s sidebar.
3) Use the power of social networks: You can use Facebook, Twitter and other social networks to increase your newsletter subscribers. You can put information on your Facebook page and in your Twitter account so that your followers would know that you do send scheduled newsletters.
4) Blog about it: From some time blog has emerged as a very effective and powerful medium to convey message. You can write about the newsletters that you send in your blog. Create a page publicizing about your newsletters and let your know about your newsletters.
5) Organizing events: Events is a great way to sign up like-minded subscribers. You can also look for sponsors for your events. You can ask the visitors of these events to provide their email address in a sheet of paper for announcements of future events.
6) Putting advertisements: You can use Adwords or any other ad network to create advertisements and run an advertising campaign to increase your subscribers.
7) Using Forums: You can use forums topics to increase your newsletter subscribers. Just make sure you don’t advertise aggressively and you don’t violate the terms and conditions.
8) Make your sign up page SEO optimized: Your sign up page should be search engine friendly as more and more subscribers should land on that page when they search for signing up for newsletters for a particular niche.
9) Email signature: You can add a link to your sign up form in your email signature.