In this post I will describe a real-time social news reader and aggregator app, Nuzzel which can be used for finding top tweets shared by your friends in Twitter and most shared posts by your friends in Facebook. Nuzzel is specifically helpful for people who don’t have time to go through every tweet in Twitter and each post in Facebook. It aggregates the top tweets shared by your friends in Twitter and most shared posts by your friends in Facebook. I have recently started using Nuzzel for one of my Twitter accounts for which I don’t have time to browse through tweets. Advantage of Nuzzel is that I can easily find the most shared social media content, important tweets and Facebook posts directly from Nuzzel within seconds. Nuzzel can also be used for finding top tweets and most shared posts from friends of friends and top tweets and trending content which has been shared by other Twitter users and Facebook users. Nuzzel stores your recently read content and you have the option receive email digests and news alerts. You can use Nuzzel in your iPhone and iPad by using the iOS app. You can sign in to Nuzzel using your Twitter or Facebook account.
I have made a beginner’s guide and a tutorial for using Nuzzel. You can go thorough the below given points to understand how each feature works.
1) Find top tweets shared by your friends: To view top tweets shared by your friends and most shared posts by your friends in Facebook all you need to do is to click on “News From Your Friends” link. Under, “Sort by” drop down menu you have the option to sort the tweets based on number of friends who shared. Under “From” drop down menu, you can select the time duration for the top tweets shared by your friends. You can select last one hour, last four hours, last eight hours and last 24 hours.
You also have the option to find the top tweets and most shared posts by your friends in Facebook which have been shared recently. Select “time” under “Sort by” drop down menu. Under “Show” drop down menu you have the option to view all tweets, tweets shared by two or more friends, tweets shared by three or more friends, tweets shared by four or more friends, tweets shared by five or more friends, tweets shared by six or more friends, tweets shared by seven or more friends and tweets shared by eight or more friends.
2) Top tweets from friends of friends: You can also view top tweets and most shared posts in Facebook from your friends of friends by clicking on “News from Friends of Friends” on the top of the page.
3) News you may have missed: This section shows the top tweets and trending Facebook content which has been shared by other Twitter users whom you don’t follow.
4) Recently read stories: This section shows the recently read content by you in Nuzzel.
5) Nuzzel settings: Click on the Settings menu on the top right side to change your Nuzzel settings.
i) Make your Nuzzel feed public or private: By default your Nuzzel feed is public. Under Preferences, uncheck option “Your Nuzzel feed is public” to make your Nuzzel feed private. Click on Save. Nuzzel creates a public URL for your public news feed.
ii) Open external links in new window: By default external links in Nuzzel are opened in new window. Uncheck option “Open external links in new browser tab?” to open links in the same windows. Click on Save.
iii) Time Zone: Here, you can change the time zone settings for your Nuzzel account.
iv) Email Notifications: You can enter your email address to receive email digest for top shared content. You can select the time when you want to receive the email digest. Also, you have the option to enable news alerts based on posts shared by the number of your friends and select maximum number of alerts per day.
v) External services: Here you can connect your Instapaper account, Pocket and Buffer account with Nuzzel.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Top 5 Political Campaign, Election, Politician HTML5 Templates - April 23, 2017
- Top 3 Crowdfunding, Crowdsourcing website HTML5 Templates - April 22, 2017
- Top 5 Charity, NGO, Donation, Fundraising HTML5 Templates - April 21, 2017