In this post, I will discuss 10 advantages of Pinterest business account for your social media marketing strategy. Though personal Pinterest account is great for marketing your business, however, a Pinterest business account takes the marketing game to the next level.
Here are the 10 Benefits of Pinterest Business Account For Marketing:
1) Beautiful Header image with a collection of your Latest pins: Digital marketing is all how about easily people can discover and find your products. When you create a Pinterest business account all your latest pins are displayed in this visually striking interface in the header of your page also known as the profile cover.
You also have 3 options to change your profile cover. Click on “Edit Source of Tilted Pins” button on the right side.
Here you can select your profile cover to include Latest Pins or Recent Activity or pick a board.
Click on Done.
2) Big Bold Profile with Business Name: When you create a Pinterest business account you get big bold text fonts for your Business name, bigger display picture, big About you text and big location text along with big fonts for your website link. Big bold fonts means users can easily see your business name and details and are more likely to click on your website link. Pinterest also displays Boards, Pins, Activity, Tries, Followers and Following in bold tabs. Note that Activity is not displayed on a Pinterest personal account.
To edit these Profile details, click on 3 dot settings button on the right side:
Then, click on Profile link on left side in the next page and enter your business details.
Here, you can edit your business name, change profile picture, change About you text and location.
3) Custom Business Name: If you are using Pinterest for business you must have to create a business account. With personal Pinterest account there are limitations to edit your name. You have to add name in first name and last name basis. However with Pinterest business account you have the option to add a custom business name. You can enter up to 30 characters for your business name, so make the most of it. Any extra relevant text you add will help you get more eyeballs for your account in Pinterest search results.
4) Number of monthly viewers: On creating a Pinterest business account number of monthly viewers of your account are displayed next to your profile. This number is not available for a Pinterest personal account. This is a helpful metric to show how popular is your brand on Pinterest.
5) Professional Account: Pinterest business account looks professional as compared to a Pinterest personal account. The overall interface of a business account is very user friendly and it will lead to more website clicks and pin shares.
6) Collection of latest Pins: In Pinterest business account, users can easily see your latest Pins under the Overview section.
7) Latest boards: In Pinterest business account, users can easily see your latest boards under the Overview section.
8) Recent activity: In Pinterest business account, users can easily see your recent activity which includes pins saved by users from your website and linked accounts in Pinterest under the Overview section.
9) Pinterest Analytics: This is probably the best feature of a Pinterest business account. It shows the detailed analytics of your account.
To view Pinterest analytics, click on Analytics button on the left side.
Here, you can view detailed analytics on your Pinterest profile, people you reach, your website and audience insights.
People you reach analytics: You can view people who see your pins and people who act on your pins for a particular date range.
Website analytics: You can see the number of views your pins from website gets on Pinterest.
You can also view top pin impressions from last 30 days, Boards with top pin impressions from last 30 days, Saves of your pins i.e. how pins from your website spread across Pinterest based on date range, Pins people save most from last 30 days, Boards with pins people save most from last 30 days, Clicks that is visits to your website from Pinterest based on a date range, Most clicked pins from last 30 days, Boards with most clicked pins from last 30 days, Original pins i.e. unique pins created directly from your website based on a date range, Newest pins created from your website, Your most shard pins, Your pins that rank higher in search results and Power pins i.e. pins which are saved more and clicked more.
Audience Insights: In this section you can see the details on your audience like the most popular categories and related interests of your audience, age distribution of your audience, gender distribution of your audience, top locations like top metros and top countries for your audience and devices used by your audience.
10) Option to promote your pins and create ads: If you want to promote your pins and create ads to promote your Pinterest account then you must have to switch to a business account. To create ads in your business account, click on Ads button on the left side next to Analytics button.
If you want to learn how to create a free Pinterest business account for your brand or if you want to convert an existing personal Pinterest account to a business one then, refer to this post.
I am sure by converting to Pinterest business account you will see an increase in referral visits to your website. Please let me know your experiences on using Pinterest business account in comments.