If you are looking for a Twitter WordPress plugin for your blog then this one is the best out there. This plugin works in real-time and widgets are updated automatically in your blog. By using shortcodes you can add a Twitter live feed widget with images anywhere in your blog. Also, you can add it in the sidebar of your blog. In the widget you can display feeds from multiple user names at once or you can display multiple feeds by using any other criteria. Tweets can be displayed either by user names or by a keyword. You have the option to set number of feed items in widget and change the look and feel of the Twitter widget to match it with your blog.
Here are the features of this plugin:
1) Shortcodes support: You can add the Twitter updates anywhere in your blog in posts and pages by using shortcodes.
2) Add multiple Twitter feeds: You can add multiple Twitter accounts feed in one widget and also you can display Twitter widget multiple times in your blog.
3) Select number of feed items: You can select the number of feed items that will be displayed in the widget.
4) Twitter widget settings: The width and the height of the Twitter widget can be adjusted as per your needs. You can also change the colors and fonts in the widget.
5) Stop real time feeds: From the plugin settings page you have the option to stop automatic live incoming feed. Even the speed of the incoming tweets can be controlled.
6) Enable or disable images in feeds: From the plugin settings page you can enable or disable the display of Twitter profile images in the widget.
7) Open links: You have the option to open links in the widget in the same window or in a new window.
If you want to integrate Twitter directly in your WordPress blog, and allow users to tweet, retweet and like content from your blog, then you can try this plugin.