Base64 encoding is an encoding mechanism which takes a text string and encodes it in to base64 sequence of characters. These sequence of characters are unreadable by human eye. However, they can be decoded or decrypted by using a base64 decoder. For Example, the text string: aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aGF0c2pvdXJuYWwuY29t is encoded by using base64 encoder and if you decode this text string by using a base64 decoder you will get: http://www.thatsjournal.com.
There are many WordPress themes where the footer of the theme is encoded by using Base64 encoding. Now, if you wish to change the content of the footer you need to first decode the string which is in the footer by using a base64 decoder and then make the changes in the text.
To change the text of the WordPress footer which is encrypted with base64, follow the below given steps:
1) Take out the codes from the footer.php file (like RWRpdCB0aGlz). It must be followed by $o=” or $__C=’ or eval(base64_decode) or something like that.
2) Visit: Base64Decoder and put the code in the box. Click on “Decode”. You will get a decoded output. This decoded output is easily readable. Now, from this decoded output remove or add the text as per your requirements.
3) After you have done this visit: Base64Encoder and paste the edited text in the box, click on “Encode”. Now, you will again get codes like aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aGF0c2pvdXJuYWwuY29t.
4) Paste these codes in the location exactly from where you took out from the footer.php file of the WordPress Theme.
That’s it. You have just modified the WordPress theme footer which was encoded with base64.
Note: Base64 encoding may have been done to protect the credit links in the footer. Make sure that you don’t remove the footer credit links. It is ethical and a good practice to retain the credit links in the footer. It is the least you could do if you are using a free WordPress theme.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Top 5 Responsive Instapage Landing, Squeeze Page Templates - February 28, 2017
- Top 10 Responsive, HTML Email Marketing Newsletter Templates - February 27, 2017
- Top 5 WP eCommerce Plugin Compatible WordPress Themes - February 26, 2017