In this post, I will describe a social media tool, BuzzSumo to find total number of social media shares and sharing statistics for your blog posts. You can also find total number of social media shares for keywords, hashtags, domains, authors, Twitter handles, multiple Twitter handles, multiple keywords, exact phrases, and by applying filters. You can apply content filter, date filter and sort content by Facebook shares, Twitter shares, Google+ shares, Pinterest shares, LinkedIn shares or Total shares. You have the option to export this data in a CSV format or in an Excel format and share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Buffer or Pocket.
By using BuzzSumo you can also find backlinks for the domain, view people who shared this post, find influencers based on keywords, create a content email alert, create content analysis report, create domain comparison report, create top authors report and invite a team member.
1) Find total number of social media shares for your blog posts: You can find total number of social media shares for your blog posts. You can also find total number of social media shares for keywords, hashtags or a domain. Click on Top Content tab. You have the following advanced search options:
i) Search by a domain: You can search by a domain like ThatsJournal.com or your full blog post URL.
ii) Find content on a domain: For Example, ThatsJournal.com Social Media
iii) By author name: For Example, author:admin -ThatsJournal.com
iv) View content from a Twitter handle: For Example, shared:@ThatsJournal
v) View content from multiple Twitter handles: For Example, shared_all:@ThatsJournal,@KeithKeller
vi) Exact phrase search: For Example, “social media”
vii) Search multiple terms: For Example, A OR B search will search both terms. You can use this search for domains also.
viii) Use filters in search: For Example, A – B search will exclude the B term in search.
ix) Apply content filter: You can filter the content by infographics, articles, guest posts, giveaways, interviews and videos.
x) Apply date filter: You can also filter the content by date: Last 24 hours, Last week, Last month, Last 6 months and last year.
xi) Sort content by social media share: You can sort the content by Facebook shares, Twitter shares, Google+ shares, Pinterest shares, LinkedIn shares or Total shares.
xii) Download file: You can download this file in a CSV format or in a Excel format.
2) Find backlinks: You can also find backlinks for the domain. Click on the Backlinks tab or click on View Backlinks button.
3) Share this data: You can share this data to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Buffer or Pocket.
4) View people who shared this post: Click on the View Sharers button for the post to view the people who have shared your post. It also displays page authority, domain authority, number of followers of the user, retweet ratio, reply ratio and average retweets. Click on View Links Shared button to view links shared by this user. You also have the option to follow the user from here, tweet to the user or add the user to a list.
5) Find influencers based on keywords: You can find influencers based on keywords in BuzzSumo. Click on Influencers tab and search the influencers based on a keyword. You can sort the result based on relevancy, average retweets, domain authority, page authority, number of followers of the user, retweet ratio, and reply ratio.
6) Create a content email alert: You can create a content email alert based on keywords, links, authors or domains. You can send the alerts in real-time or as a daily digest to your email. Click on Content Alerts tab and then click on Create your first content alert button.
For Example, here I will create a content alert for the keyword Social Media. There are options to add alert name, keyword, Search title and topic or Search title, topic and article text, send article in real-time or as a daily digest, select time to send the digest email, select language and select a share threshold (minimum number of shares).
7) Create reports: You can create the following types of reports in BuzzSumo:
i) Content analysis reports: You can create this report to analyze articles based on a keyword for a particular date range. It displays Total shares, Average shares, Average shares by network, Average shares by content type, Total shares by date published, Average shares by content length, Most shared domains by network, Top domains on all networks, Popular topics, Average shares by topic on all networks and Top posts. You can export this report in a PDF format or in a PNG image format.
ii) Domain comparison reports: You can compare two domains based on Total shares, Average shares, Average shares by network, Average shares by content type, Total shares by date published and Average shares by content length for a particular date range.
iii) Top authors report: By using this report you can analyze top authors for a particular keyword. It displays total number of articles published, average shares and total shares.
8) Invite a team member: To invite a team member to access BuzzSumo, go to: Account –> Team.
Enter the email address of your team member and then click on Add a user to your team.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Responsive News Magazine WordPress Theme With Boxed Layout - March 19, 2018
- Responsive, High Resolution News Magazine WordPress Theme - March 12, 2018
- Responsive, Beautiful, Boxed Layout Portfolio WordPress Theme - March 5, 2018