By the help of this WordPress plugin you can add Ajax powered Google like instant search, suggest and auto complete functionality in your blog. When a user searches for an item using the search bar they will be suggested for keywords. It is a great way to display instant search in your blog. The plugin works with any WordPress theme The search items will be pulled from posts, pages, tags, categories, and custom post types and taxonomies. You can edit the properties of search display and functionality from the options pages of the plugin in the WordPress admin panel. You can also have images in instant search field. When a user clicks an instant search item, he will be taken directly to the particular post or page.
Here are the other features of this plugin:
1) Shortcodes support: Plugin comes with many shortcodes for adding search boxes and result boxes in your blog.
2) Search custom post types: Search results will also include the posts from custom post types.
3) Search other items: You have the option to enable or disable the search for posts, pages, content, comment, excerpt, BuddyPress users, BuddyPress groups, BuddyPress private groups, BuddyPress forums, draft posts, pending posts, blog title, categories and tags.
4) Keyword suggestion when there are no results: If a user searches for a string and if there are no results then, keyword suggestions are populated.
5) Responsive design: Plugin is fully responsive and it work for all devices and screen resolutions.
6) Vertical and horizontal search: From the plugin settings page, you can select the search results to be displayed in a horizontal or a vertical fashion.
7) Auto complete settings: You have the option to turn auto complete on or off. Also you can add keyword exceptions for auto complete feature.
8) Search box settings: From the plugin settings page, you can select a theme for the search box, search box height, search box margin, search box background gradient, border style border width, border color, and shadow effects.
9) Search settings: You have options to set the values for exact match and random match results in a numerical weight value. You can set up title weight, content weight, excerpt weight and terms weight.
10) Caching: Plugin uses caching functionality to make sure that the bandwidth usage is minimal when users are using the search.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Top 5 Construction, Building, Architecture Drupal Themes - June 26, 2017
- Top 5 Medical, Health, Doctor, Dental, Clinic Drupal Themes - June 25, 2017
- Top 10 Web Design Trends That Will Shape Future Of Designing - June 24, 2017