In the battle of the 3 CMS giants – deciding which is the best for your business needs and requirements can be a challenging task. On the surface, all 3 provides you with the essentials such as mobile-friendly website design, SEO and Social Media integration, robust security, simple and fast content management amongst others. However, there are subtle differences between each of these CMS – WordPress, Joomla and Drupal that you need to understand in order to make a well-informed choice.
Therefore, with this aim in mind, here is a quick overview of the features, benefits and uses of each of these 3 CMS – WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. Let’s take a look!
1. WordPress – One of the most user-friendly CMS on the market, with WordPress you can practically build any type of website you want be it a travel-tourism website, health and beauty website or a simple personal blog. With a market share of 58.5%, WordPress is the leading open-source CMS software that is used to power millions of websites on the internet. Plus, it comes equipped with a large number of features such as;
- User-friendly Dashboard.
- Built-in Blog.
- Easy content management.
- Wide array of responsive WordPress Themes.
- Ample of helpful and effective WordPress plugins.
- Rock-solid security via effective plugins.
- Ample of SEO and Social Media features.
- Multi-language support.
- Free ongoing support from other community members.
WordPress is also easy to maintain and it provides regular software updates in order to ensure that your site is safe and secure at all times.
2. Joomla – With a market share of 7.2%, Joomla is a great platform to build an eCommerce or a social networking website. However, on one hand, while WordPress is easy to use and set-up. On the other hand, setting up a Joomla site can be challenging since it requires a little knowledge of PHP, HTML and other scripts.
Coming to the features, Joomla is;
- Reliable, secure and flexible.
- Like WordPress, it has an open source infrastructure. Meaning, you can edit it as per your needs.
- It has a built-in basic SEO functionality.
- It supports 3rd party apps.
- It has a huge library of useful extensions (similar to plugins) and design templates.
- It supports multiple languages
- It offers free ongoing support via community forums, how-to articles etc.
3. Drupal – The most technically advanced CMS than WordPress and Joomla, Drupal has a market share of 4.8%. However, Drupal is also the toughest CMS to work with as it requires that you have a technical proficiency in PHP, HTML and other scripts. Thus, it is not the best platform for novice bloggers. However, it does provide an array of features like;
- It provides you with a wide range of free Modules.
- It is also an SEO Friendly CMS.
- It offers seamless scalability.
- It is 100% free to use.
- Robust security. Faster website speed.
- Provides continuous support via a dedicated team of community members.
- Easy integration of 3 rd party applications.
The above 3 CMS – WordPress, Joomla and Drupal also have other benefits and features and as such, if you want to know them all, then here is a complete CMS comparison guide that you can check out now.
This guide comes in the form of an infographic and provides you with detail information as to the pros and cons of each along with which CMS is best suitable for a certain business type. What’s more, you can also download a free PDF that comes along with this guide and keep it for future reference.
Thus, take a look at this infographic now to know which is the best amongst the 3 popular CMS – WordPress, Joomla or Drupal!
WordPress vs Drupal vs Joomla (Infographic) by the team at Capsicum Mediaworks, LLP