In this post I will discuss about a WordPress plugin which you can use for adding a responsive, cross browser compatible, jQuery PDF reader in WordPress blog. This PDF reader can be used to display PDF files anywhere in posts and pages of your blog by using shortcodes. You can enable or disable different options in PDF reader, change styles, add social sharing buttons and add logo.
Here are the features of the PDF reader:
1) Two options to display PDF reader: There are two options to display the PDF reader in your blog. You can display the PDF reader in full size or with in an iframe.
2) General options: PDF reader has all the general options like Toggle sidebar, Show thumbnails, navigate to the previous page, navigate to the next page, View page, Zoom in , Zoom out, Select page width, Print document, Download document, Find previous occurrence and next occurrence of a phrase in the document with Highlight All and Match case options, Open new document, Go to first page, Go to last page, Rotate document clockwise, Rotate document counter-clockwise, enable or disable hand tool and check document properties. All these options can be enabled or disabled from the plugin admin page.
3) Social sharing options: In the PDF reader, users have the option to share the PDF file in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. Also they have the option to send the PDF file to anyone by email.
4) Add logo: You also have the option to add a logo to the PDF reader along with a link in the logo.
5) Shortcodes support: You can use shortcodes to display PDF reader anywhere in posts or pages or to add link of the PDF reader to display a document.
6) Responsive and cross browser compatible: PDF reader is fully responsive and will work in all devices and in different screen resolutions. It is also cross browser compatible.