In this post I will describe a WordPress plugin to automatically create state categories and city categories for posts in your WordPress blog. Posts in your WordPress blog are scanned and if a city name or a state name is found then a city category or state category is created. After that the particular city category or the state category will be automatically selected and added for this post. For a city the parent state category is automatically created. You can enable or disable city categories, enable or disable state categories and add city and state category for old posts in your WordPress blog. This WordPress plugin is helpful for directory sites and for any other user-generated content WordPress sites where users often forget to select categories for posts.
Here are the features of this WordPress plugin:
1) Add city and state category automatically: Advantage of this WordPress plugin is that your posts will be automatically categorized based on cities and states.
2) Enable or disable city categories: From the plugin settings page you have the option to enable or disable automatic creation of city categories for posts.
3) Enable or disable state categories: From the plugin settings page you have the option to enable or disable automatic creation of state categories for posts.
4) Hierarchical adding of city and state categories: This WordPress plugin automatically creates a hierarchy for city and states categories in your WordPress blog. For Example, if a city is found in the post then it will be automatically added to a city category and a parent state category will also be created. Then, this post will also be added to the state category.
5) Add city and state category for old posts: From the plugin settings page you have the option to automatically categorize old posts in your WordPress blog.