Google Authorship is linking of your Google+ profile and Google+ profile photo to the articles you publish in your blog. Once you set up Google authorship these details will be displayed in the search results. This tutorial is helpful for activating Google Authorship in a WordPress blog using Genesis Theme Framework or All in One SEO Pack plugin or WordPress SEO by Yoast. By using this tutorial you can enable rel=author markup for your posts.
Before you proceed, you need to make sure that you have the following ready:
1) WordPress blog
3) Google+ Profile with a profile picture which clearly shows your face.
Step-1: Add your blog link in your Google+ profile.
1) Open Google+ home.
2) From the drop down menu on the right side click on “View Profile”.
3) Click on “About” link in the header.
4) Scroll down to the bottom right of the About page. Click on “Edit” under “Links”.
5) Under “Contributor to” Section, click on “Add custom link”
6) In “Label” field, add the name of your blog and in “URL” field add the URL of your blog. When you are done click on Save.
7) When you are done this link will be displayed under “Contributor to” section:
Step-2: Add your Google+ profile link in your blog.
1) In your WordPress dashboard, go to: Users –> Your Profile
2) Under “Contact Info” section, add your Google+ profile URL:
3) When you are done click on “Update Profile”.
Note: Google+ field comes as default in Genesis Theme Framework, All in One SEO Pack and WordPress SEO by Yoast. If you are not using either of these three tools then, Google+ field will not be present under Contact Info section.
Step-3: Verify if Google Authorship is set up correctly
1) Go to: Structured Data Testing Tool
2) Under URL tab, enter the URL of any of your posts: For example: https://www.thatsjournal.com/wordpress-plugins/how-to-set-up-max-cdn-in-wordpress-using-cpanel-wp-super-cache. Then, click on Preview.
3) If you have done everything correctly, then you will see: “Authorship is working for this webpage.”
You have now successfully enabled Google Authorship in your blog. To actually show author details in search engine results pages, it may take few days.