By using WooCommerce you can create an online shopping store in WordPress. However, WooCommerce lacks some SEO functionality which can be enabled by using this WordPress plugin. Here are the features for this plugin:
1) Avoid duplicate content: For a WordPress blog there are many pages which are similar to the posts and are generated automatically like tags pages, category pages, author pages, date pages and search pages. These pages create duplicate content for posts. By using this plugin you can mark these pages as noindex. Then, search engines will not scan and index these pages (thus avoiding the duplicate content issue) and your posts will be the original content in your shopping store.
2) Mark links as nofollow: There are many external links in a shopping store and marking them as nofollow would be great for SEO. When you make external links as nofollow in your blog then you are informing the search engines that you are not passing any page ranks or votes to external URLs.
3) Title tags, meta tags and meta description: This plugin automatically generates title tags, meta tags and meta description for a particular post. Also, it provides an option to edit these tags for an individual post. You can also add templates for these tags from the plugin settings. Thus, you will have total control for these tags which are very important for SEO. (especially the title tag)
4) SEO friendly short URL: By using this WooCommerce SEO plugin, you can create custom short URLs for your posts which are SEO friendly. You can remove the product category in the URLs as it does not provides any specific use.
5) SEO breadcrumbs: This plugin creates an SEO friendly structure for the breadcrumbs navigation in your online shop.