In this post I will discuss about an advanced file manager WordPress plugin where users of your WordPress blog can create and upload files and folders from the front end. You can set read and write permissions based on user roles and display files and folders with thumbnails or lists. File manager comes with in-built image editor for editing images. Users of your WordPress blog have different options like Cut, Copy, Duplicate, Delete, Rename and Create archive for files and folders and also they can create different types of archives for files and folders.
Here are the features of this WordPress plugin:
1) Set up read and write permissions based on user roles: You have the option to set up read and write permissions for files and folders for different types of user roles like Administrators, Editors, Authors, Contributors and Subscribers.
2) Display files and folders with thumbnails or lists: In the file manager you can display files and folders using thumbnails or in a list format.
3) In-built image editor: File manager has an in-built image editor which you can use for resizing, rotating and cropping images.
4) File manager options: Users can drag and drop files in the file manager. They also have the option to Cut, Copy, Duplicate, Delete, Rename and Create archive for files and folders.
5) Create different types of archives for files and folders: Users can create the following types of archives for files and folders: TAR archive, GZIP archive, BZIP archive and ZIP archive.
6) Shortcodes support: File manager can be added anywhere in your WordPress blog by using shortcodes.
7) Translation support: This WordPress plugin can be used in any language as per your choice.