In this post, I will discuss about a WordPress plugin which you can use for sending an email notification to blog admin when someone modifies the status of a post, page or a custom post type. This plugin is specifically useful for a multi author blog. Whenever a user changes the status of a post to publish, save as draft, delete, modify or to any other status, you will be notified by an email.
Here are the features of this plugin:
1) Control notifications: From the plugin settings page, you can control settings of notification emails for specific status updates. For Example, you have the option to activate notification emails only when a user changes the post status to publish or delete. You can also avoid notification emails from specific categories.
2) Edit notification emails: Notification emails have default text which you can edit as per your requirements.
3) Use SMTP for sending emails: You have the option to send emails by Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). You can activate SMTP by entering SMTP host, SMTP port, security options like ssl or tls, authentication by entering username and passwords, server timeout settings, etc.
4) Add more recipients: You can include more recipients for notification emails. You have the option to send notification emails to other recipients by using Cc and Bcc fields. Email notifications can also be sent to recipients by their user roles like administrator, editor, author, contributor and subscriber.
5) Use placeholders: There are various placeholders available with this plugin for both body and the subject line of the notification emails . For Example, you can use the placeholder [author_firstname] for including the first name of the author of the post or the page in the notification emails.
6) Multisite and Network compatibility You can use the plugin with a WordPress multisite network install.
7) Translation support: You can use this plugin in any language as per your needs.