A WordPress blog requires several updates and installs like when you are running out of bandwidth in a shared environment and want to move your blog to a VPS server. Now, DNS propagation takes about 48 hours to reflect the change. For this time your visitors and more importantly advertisers will be guessing as what happened to the blog if they see that your blog is down. They might cancel the advertisements and will try to contact you as to what happened to the blog. In situations like these a maintenance message WordPress plugin comes handy. It displays a message to the users of the blog that your WordPress blog is undergoing updates and will be online shortly.
Here are the features of this plugin:
1) Customize maintenance message: Maintenance message can be fully customized with the help of the plugin.
2) Timers in maintenance message: You can also add a timer or a progress bar to inform your visitors after what time the blog will be up and running.
3) SEO friendly: The plugin is also SEO friendly that means you will not get hurt in search engines when your site is down. From the plugin settings page you can enable “503 Service Unavailable” message. This message informs search engines that the status of the site is temporary unavailable.
4) Maintenance message themes: Plugin comes with 6 different types of maintenance message themes. You can use any one which matches with your blog.
5) Maintenance message settings: From the plugin settings page, you have the option to edit maintenance page title, headings, content, enable or disable countdown timer, and enable or disable progress bar.
6) Add Google Analytics: You can add Google Analytics code in the maintenance page and track the visitors of your site.
7) Access Settings: You can generate temporary access links of your blog and you can share these links. People can access your site by using this link while the site is still in maintenance. You can also provide access of your site in maintenance by white-listing IP addresses, and by specific user roles.
8) Disable RSS feeds: You have the option to disable or enable RSS feeds of your blog when it is in maintenance.
9) Hide admin notice: From the plugin settings page, admin notices can be enabled or disabled when the site is in maintenance.
Thats Journal is proudly powered by Genesis Framework. Genesis is state of the art WordPress Framework to create powerful, robust, secure and SEO friendly websites.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Top 5 Car Dealer, Automotive, Auto Sales Joomla Templates - August 16, 2017
- Top 5 Wedding Invitation, Matrimony, Marriage Joomla Templates - August 14, 2017
- Top 5 Real Estate Agency, Property, Realtor Joomla Templates - August 13, 2017